About Devine Brothers
Devine Brothers is a three-generation family-owned and operated business that has been in Norwalk since 1918.
In the early days, coal, hay and animal feed were the primary goods sold. In 1923 the family purchased the Ferris Coal Company and expanded their product lines to include building materials and lumber. By 1936 Devine Brothers had acquired The Bishop and Lynes Co. and moved its offices to its current location on 38 Commerce Street, further expanding its product lines to include Redi-mixed concrete. Today Devine Brothers has expanded the Redi-mix business with two new state-of-the-art, fully computerized batch plants, and expanded its building supply lines to include landscape supplies and
In 1937 with the emergence of fuel oil, Devine Brothers increased the fuel oil storage capacity to include over 600,000 gallons of storage to complement the coal business. As time went by the coal clientele was slowly converted to fuel oil as a better, cleaner and more efficient heating energy.
Today, Devine Brothers is a national industry leader in the next great home heating
energy called Bioheat. Bioheat is blended biodiesel which is a renewable energy produced from soybean oil. Biodiesel is non-toxic, biodegradable, and reduces the toxic emissions which contribute to global warming.
Devine Bioheat® provides homeowners with the best heating energy that money can buy while also reducing our dependence on foreign oil imports.
For over eighty-five years, Devine Brothers has had the pleasure of serving the building and the heating needs of Fairfield County.